We recommend that new faculty review the following resources, which explain your teaching responsibilities at Saint Mary’s.
- Read the Faculty Responsibilities section of the Faculty Handbook.
- Abide by the Five Elements of Student / Faculty Engagement.
- Use the standard syllabus.
- Take attendance.
- Follow grading guidelines.
- Prevent, identify, and address plagiarism.
- Address academic dishonesty by:
- Reading the Instructor’s Guide for Completing the Maxient Incident Report
- Using Maxient to report, track, and adjudicate incidents of academic dishonesty.
- Fulfill the Faculty Responsibilities for the Student Rating of Teaching and Learning (SRTL) Survey.