We recommend that new faculty review the following resources, which explain your teaching responsibilities at Saint Mary’s.
- Read the Faculty Responsibilities section of the Faculty Handbook.
- Abide by the Five Elements of Student / Faculty Engagement.
- Use the standard syllabus.
- Take attendance.
- Follow grading guidelines.
- Prevent, identify, and address plagiarism.
- Use Maxient to report, track, and adjudicate incidents of academic dishonesty.
- Read the Maxient Instructor’s Guide to learn more.
- Fulfill the Faculty Responsibilities for the Student Rating of Teaching and Learning (SRTL) Survey.